lunedì 19 marzo 2012

Korn @ Alcatraz, Milan, March 18th 2012

Korn yes...Korn no...
last January my beloved one and I didn't know what to do. We knew about this Korn gig in Milan (the only one in Italy) in March, we knew that it was going to be sold out quite soon, but we were uncertain. In the end the YES party won, and yesterday, at about 2:30 in the afternoon, we were waiting in line outside Alcatraz, a disco that often becomes a crowded concert hall. We guessed right: the show was sold out and people of every age from all Italy were standing there in the cold with us.
At 6 security let us come in, one hour earlier than expected, probably because it was starting to rain.

Yeah, inside! I generally love the first line, when I manage to enter I wildly  start to run to be as close as possible to the band, but this time Davide and I opted for a "confort show": panoramic view from a kind of raised floor, next to the toilet and the bar, about 20 mt away from the stage. Perfect and away from some very drunken guys ready to mosh as demons! (not that I don't like pogo...the fact is that I prefer to enjoy the show, sing along, dancing by myself, screaming, etc).

The first surprise was the preshow! Jonathan Davis appeared on stage for one the of craziest, funniest and strangest dj set I've even seen: 30 minutes during which he has mixed and danced a kind of insane (and sometimes a little cacophonic) electro metal dubstep. His skill and his stage presence are amazing, I didn't expect him to be like this... more or less I would describe him as a pissed off version of Jack Sparrow :-) After JDevil (this is the name of Korn leader's alter ego), it was Dj Downlink's turn - again about 30 minutes of techno, or something similar to that. Not bad, even if most of Korn fans didn't show too much appreciation for this first part of the show.

At 9, finally, Korn performance starts. Hard to describe the power, the intensity, the energy it gave us all. The setlist, which I'll write here in a while, was extremely well calibrated: storic songs in the beginning, to warm up the audience; new songs, to make it dance; massive hits, to cause a kind of collective orgasm.

Once again, an incredible Jonathan Davis. Two hours of screaming and jumping all around the stage. You may say that this is his job, but I would add that he makes you perceive that he still likes it, maybe more than when he was younger.  I also have to add that my boyfriend and I were just amazed by the performance of the "new" Korn drummer, Ray Luzier. Technically impressive and also really kind, as we met him after the show. Jonathan and the oter guys disappointed me a little, it's still not clear if they disappeared immediately after the show in their tour buses or if they decided not to get out until fans hadn't stopped to wait for them. No pictured, no hugs, nothing. A pity.

I let you judge the setlist, please just don't tell me it was bad! :-)

01. Predictable
02. Lies
03. No Place to Hide
04. Good God
05. Narcissistic Cannibal
06. Kill Mercy
07. Chaos Lives in Everything
08. My Wall
09. Get Up!
10. Way Too Far
11. Here to Stay
12. Freak on a Leash
13. Falling Away From Me
14. Oildale
15. Another Brick in the Wall
-----
16. Shoots and Ladders / One
17. Got the Life
18. Blind


picture taken by us yesterday evening

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento